Breakfast (10 or 11 am)
- Eggs, spinach, avocado bowl (460 cals)
- Mix 2 eggs in a bowl, add salt, pepper and 1 tbsp of Bragg’s nutritional yeast seasoning on top
- Heat in microwave for 1-1.5 mins until eggs are cooked
- Take a handful of organic spinach and add to the bowl, flip the cooked eggs so they sit on top of the spinach
- Add 1 avocado on top
- Add 1 tbsp of Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing on top
- Cut and mix with fork and knife
- 2 cups of black coffee with a dash of salt (0 cals)
- Peanut butter and chocolate (355 cals) (usually I eat this soon after breakfast to satisfy my sweet tooth. I eat most in the morning and less at night so I’m hungry when 10/11 am comes around)
Lunch (12 or 1pm)
- Poached salmon + salad (454-550 cals)
- Prepare the salad
- To a bowl, add a handful of spinach (alternatives or additionals: arugula, romaine, butter lettuce) and washed organic cherry tomatoes (alternatives or additionals: cut up sweet mini peppers, cucumbers)
- Add 2 tsp of dijon mustard
- Add the juice of ½ a lemon
- Add salt and pepper
- Optional for more calories: add 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cook salmon
- Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a pan at low heat
- Add 6-7 oz of salmon (skin side down), usually a fatty middle piece, to the pan
- Sprinkle top with lots of salt and pepper
- Cover pan
- Let it simmer for 5-10 mins until the bottom of the salmon starts to turn from pink to light pink/white then uncover and flip the salmon, peel off the skin with the spatula and add to the top of the salad. Remove the thinner end parts that are already mostly cooked and add to the salad with the skin, leave the middle thicker piece in the pan. Flip thicker piece back over and cover pan. Let sit for another few mins.
- The goal is to remove the salmon when it’s medium rare, i.e. the middle is slightly pinker than the rest. Touching it with a spatula it should be soft, if it’s still tough it needs to sit longer or be cut into pieces so the middles get cooked and the edges don’t get overcooked.
- Remove pieces from the pan and put on the salad as soon as it’s cooked perfectly.
- Add all salmon pieces to the top of the salad and pour the left over avocado oil/salmon oil from the pan onto the salad. Cut with fork and knife and eat
- Prepare the salad
Snack (1 or combo of these depending on macro needs)
- Lily’s almond dark chocolate (60 cals)
- Performance nut butter (189 cals)
- Scoop of Athletic Greens in a glass of unsweetened Milkadamia (70 cals)
Dinner (5 or 6 pm)
- Complete toss up, depends on whether I worked out. I typically eat 1700-1900 calories on days I don’t workout and 1900-2100 on days I do.
- Sashimi is great for getting the remainder of my protein for the day. Or another fish like mahi mahi or rockfish grilled in avocado oil and added to some greens.
- If I need more veggies, I’ll saute broccoli or asparagus in avocado oil with salt and pepper